7107 Woodlawn Ave NE Ste A
Seattle, WA 98115
3605 South Genesee Street
Seattle, WA 98118
La Escuelita Bilingual School
Our goal is to promote the development of each child’s appreciation of themselves as individuals; competent in all of the learning domains (cognitive, social emotional, creative, and physical) and to develop children’s facility in both the English and Spanish languages.
La Escuelita assists children to recognize the many ways children are the same and different from each other. We aim to incorporate the child’s interests, cultural context, and events that make up their lives in our daily activities in order to foster children’s learning and critical thinking.
We assist children to develop the skills and attitudes needed to become successful in school. We promote the development of English and Spanish using a Dual Language Model.
We also validate and assist children to develop respect and appreciation for all the languages and cultures represented in our programs.
- To promote the development of each child’s appreciation of themselves as individuals competent in all the learning domains (physical, cognitive, social emotional and creative).
- Assist children to recognize and respect the many ways children are the same and different from each other.
- Incorporate the child’s interest and the events that make up their lives in the daily activities in order to foster children’s learning and how to successfully solve problems.
- Assist children to develop the skills and attitudes to successfully deal with school.
- Promote the development of English and Spanish using a Dual Language Model.
- Validate and develop respect for all the languages and cultures represented in the program.
- Assist children to develop the skills necessary in resisting bias, rejecting negative cultural messages and developing a positive sense of cultural self.
- The staff recognizes parents as the first and primary educators of their children, and is aware that there are culturally specific child rearing practices. We aim to develop partnerships with families to meet the needs of their children.